Blue Jays Abroad, Summer 2016: A Look at Study Abroad and Off-Campus Programs
Interested in studying abroad or off campus? Take a look at where you’ll find Westminster Blue Jays during the summer of 2016.
Several students will study abroad through faculty-led travel courses, starting in late May. Trips will include:
- Vietnam with Dr. Mark Boulton
- Galapagos Island with Dr. Irene Unger and Dr. Dawn Holliday
- Argentina with Dr. Enrique Salas-Durazo and Dr. Kali Wright-Smith (read about the 2014 trip to Argentina)
- Berlin with Dr. Jeremy Straughn and Dr. Sam Goodfellow
Each of these trips will be full of a wide array of fun activities and learning experiences from visiting historical sites to learning languages.
Dr. Bob Hansen will also be taking several students to East Africa as part of a service trip to Rwanda and Tanzania in late summer. (Read about the 2015 trip to Rwanda.)
In addition to these travel courses, two students will participate in independent off-campus studies.
- Sydney Franklin ‘18 will conduct research in Washington D.C. while participating in an internship;
- Sydney Sexton ‘18 will study French in Quebec.
Stayed tuned for photos and trip recaps in the months to come!
For information about Westminster’s study abroad and off-campus programs, click here.