Eye-Opening Fire Safety Demonstration
It only took three minutes to completely engulf this mock dorm room in flames.
As a part of Westminster’s commitment to educate the campus about fire safety, a demonstration was held to show how fast one small spark can destroy an entire dorm room. A mock dorm room complete with furniture was set up in the north parking lot by Sloss Hall and then set ablaze by The Fulton Fire Department. Students, faculty, and staff watched as the fire quickly spread through the room and, after only three minutes, engulfed the entire structure. This eye-opening demonstration helped raise awareness about fire safety among the Westminster community.