Men’s Tennis Places Second at SLIAC Tournament
St. Louis, Mo. – The Westminster men’s tennis team took second place in the SLIAC Tournament after falling to Principia College in the Championship match, 5-1.
The Westminster Blue Jays went 1-2 in doubles play with partners Kyle Collins and Scott Strough winning 8-3 in the threes spot. Principia swept the Blue Jays 6-0, 6-0 in the two and three spot and 6-2, 6-3 in the six spot to win the Tournament.
Principia College 5, Westminster 1
Apr 19, 2014 at St. Louis, Mo. (Westminster Christian Academy)
1. Tyler Wollmershauser (WCMT) vs. Jason Wissman (PCMT) no result
2. Joey Sander (PCMT) def. Alec Belden (WCMT) 6-0, 6-0
3. Nate Waters (PCMT) def. Nathan Connell (WCMT) 6-0, 6-0
4. Kyle Collins (WCMT) vs. Daniel Drake (PCMT) no result
5. Scott Strough (WCMT) vs. Andrew Rohrer (PCMT) no result
6. Aaron Switzer (PCMT) def. Reese Hicks (WCMT) 6-2, 6-3
1. Jason Wissman/Joey Sander (PCMT) def. Tyler Wollmershauser/Alec Belden (WCMT) 8-0
2. Nate Waters/Daniel Drake (PCMT) def. Nathan Connell/Justin Wollmershauser (WCMT) 8-2
3. Kyle Collins/Scott Strough (WCMT) def. Andrew Rohrer/Aaron Switzer (PCMT) 8-3
The Blue Jays defeated Greenville, 5-4, in the first round of the SLIAC Tournament. Sophomore Kyle Collins was named to the SLIAC All-Sportsmanship Team.
The Blue Jays end their season with a 4–10 record and a 3-1 conference record.