Blue Jay Homecoming & Family Weekend Events, Oct. 18-25
It’s a great WEEK to be a Blue Jay! Westminster’s “Under the Big Top” Homecoming week will begin on Saturday, October 18 with Into the Streets, a campus-wide service project where students go out into Fulton and volunteer their time to help the community. Family Weekend starts on Friday, Oct. 24, and Homecoming week will end with the football game on Saturday, October 25.
Saturday, October 18
Into the Streets, 11:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. (various locations, Fulton)
- Students provide services and volunteer work for the Fulton community from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Groups should sign in on group roster in HAC by 11:45 a.m. to receive participation points.
Monday, October 20
Sidewalk Chalk, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Brick District/Court Street)
- There will be a section of the Brick District blocked off for Homecoming participants to decorate.
- Each team should decorate their own section from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Drawings will be judged by Westminster Homecoming staff at 6 p.m.
Tuesday, October 21
Canned Creations Competition, 7 p.m. (Mueller Student Center)
- Throughout the weeks leading up to Homecoming, students will collect cans to donate to SERVE.
- Teams will receive one point for each can turned into a CAB member at Mueller Student Center from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cans will be divided evenly at 7 p.m. for the “Under the Big Top” canned creations competition.
Wednesday, October 22
Parade and Pep Rally, 5 p.m. (Brick District/Court Street)
- Students will host a parade at 5 p.m. for the community.
- Floats will be judged on originality, Westminster spirit, and theme representation.
- After the parade, everyone is welcome to the Pep Rally in the Brick District. There will be free food for anyone who has their Westminster ID or is wearing Blue Jay apparel.
- Parade route: The parade will start on the Hill, head east down Seventh Street, and end at City Hall.
Thursday, October 23
Homecoming Court Talent Show, 7 p.m. (Champ Auditorium)
- Members of the Homecoming Court will perform in Champ Auditorium from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- The talent show consist of three parts: question & answer, costume contest, and talent.
- Prizes will be awarded to first and second place in each category.
- Teams receive points for attendance.
Friday, October 24 – Family Weekend begins!
Family Weekend Welcome Table, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. (Mueller Leadership Hall Atrium)
- Pick up Family Weekend schedule and mug.
TGIF, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Mueller Student Center)
- Students are encouraged to come to the TGIF for an evening of fun!
- Food provided by Fresh Ideas.
- Teams should sign in on the roster for participation points.
Westminster Volleyball vs. Spalding, 7 p.m. (Historic Gym)
Saturday, October 25
Family Weekend Welcome Table, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (Coulter Science Center Atrium)
- Pick up Family Weekend schedule and mug
Parents’ Conversation with President Forsythe, 9 a.m. (Coulter Science Center Atrium)
- Donuts and coffee served
- Meet with President Forsythe at 9:30 a.m. in Coulter Science Center Lecture Hall.
- Hosted by Parents Association.
- All parents, families, and alumni are welcome.
Westminster Parents Association Meeting, 10 a.m. (Coulter Science Center Lecture Hall)
- All parents welcome. Learn the benefits to joining Parents Association and how to become a member.
Family Weekend/Homecoming Tailgate, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., (Westminster Grove Townhouse Parking Lot on Hickman)
- Sponsored by Student Government Association
Enjoy some great company and celebrate Blue Jay Spirit!
Homecoming Game at 1 p.m. vs. Northwestern (Priest Field)
- Homecoming king and queen will be announced at halftime.
Legacy Reception, 4:30 p.m. (President Forsythe’s home)
- A special reception to honor families who have attended Westminster through the generations. (By invitation only.)
Westminster Women’s Soccer vs. Principia, 5 p.m. (Westminster Field)
Westminster Men’s Soccer vs. Principia, 7 p.m. (Westminster Field)
Sunday, October 26, 2014
Family & Friends Worship Service, 10 a.m. (Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury)
Family Weekend Brunch, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Mueller Leadership Hall)
- Pay at the door.