Small, independent college or a big university — Which is right for you? Consider these 5 benefits of a small college before making your decision.
- Classes are taught by real professors and experts in their fields. At a small, private college, professors who really care about your education lead classes, bringing both passion and knowledge.
- Faculty talks to you outside of class. It’s common to find faculty and students carrying on discussions around campus and engaging outside of class time.
- You have more opportunity to participate in faculty-directed research projects or independent study. Have a project you want to explore? Go for it at a small college. 53% of independent college alumni report taking that opportunity, as compared to 37% of public university alumni.
- More chance for internships. 47% from small, independent colleges report internship participation compared to 36% at public universities.
- More alums, from independent colleges and from public universities, rate the small, independent college education as better than that of a public university.
Want to learn more about how a small college like Westminster compares? Click here.