Seize the Summer and apply for an internship! Westminster’s Center for Career Development can help; here are just a few of the unique opportunities they’ve found:
Location: Across the U.S.; Saltillo, Mexico; Kathmandu, Nepal (http://develop.larc.nasa.gov/locations.html)
Description: The NASA DEVELOP National Program fosters an interdisciplinary research environment where applied science research projects are conducted under the guidance of NASA and partner science advisors. DEVELOP is unique in that young professionals lead research projects that focus on utilizing NASA Earth observations to address community concerns and public policy issues.
Requirements: At least 18 years of age; ability to provide personal transportation to and from the DEVELOP location; strong interest in Earth science and remote sensing; U.S. citizenship is required to apply to DEVELOP locations at NASA Centers (international students may apply to select locations; see website)
Application process: http://develop.larc.nasa.gov/apply.html
Application deadline: February 28
The Foundation for Economic Education
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: Summer Programs interns will gain professional experience while building relationships with students, faculty members, and scholars from the nation’s leading free-market institutions. Interns will be responsible for seminar preparation as well as managing students, faculty, and daily seminar logistics throughout the summer.
Photographer (2 positions available)
• Shoot and edit photographs for promotional use
• Assist with technological setup
• Network with students and faculty
• Assist with daily logistics as needed
Operations (4 positions available)
• Prepare seminar materials
• Manage daily seminars logistics
• Network with students and faculty
• Compile seminar evaluations and feedback into reports
Compensation: $1,200 per month stipend to assist with living expenses; transportation assistance to the office each day; free books and literature
How to apply: http://www.fee.org/about/page/summer-programs-internship#axzz2tgvJ0IR8
Application deadline: March 1
Responsibilities: Various jobs working with engineering business, and IT.
How to apply: https://jobs.boeing.com/JobSeeker/JobSearchResults
Locations: Bristol, CT; Los Angeles, CA
Descriptions: Production; International On-Air Promotions; Technology Portfolio; Automation Engineer; Bilingual Production; Bilingual Statistics & Information; Production Social Media; Technical Operator
How to apply: http://jobs.espncareers.com/search/internship
Fayetteville SwampDogs (Summer Collegiate Baseball)
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Responsibilities: Interns will assist in various aspects of the organization:
• Promotional Nights: Assist with implementation of promotional events at selected home games.
• Game Operations: Assist in set up and operation for J.P. Riddle Stadium for each game night.
• Community Marketing: Assist in grassroots marketing of the Fayetteville SwampDogs throughout the community.
• Administration Assistance: Answer the phones, make copies, send out mailers, other tasks.
• Other Operations: There will be a variety of projects and tasks that will surface, and we will all have to pitch in and get them done. These may often be jobs that a college-educated person would not expect to perform on a daily basis, but are necessary to our operation.
How to apply: send a cover letter, resume and three references (at least one professional reference) to Jeremy Aagard, General Manager, email@example.com
• Digital Media Intern, Programming Intern, Promotions Intern, Sales & Marketing Intern – Atlanta, GA
• Digital/Social Media Intern, Sales & Marketing Intern – Richmond, VA
• Promotions Intern – Indianapolis, IN; St. Louis, MO
How to apply: http://www.radio-one.com/about-us/careers/
Want more options, or need some advice or help applying? Contact Abigail Manwell at the Center for Career Development for an appointment, or you can try these helpful sites: